I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 05, 2009

The Father-Daughter Dance

It is a very special moment in a wedding reception when the Bride dances with her Father. I get asked pretty frequently what are some good songs specifically for that occasion. Here are some of the most popular songs:

I Loved Her First – Heartland
Cinderella – Steven Curtis Chapman
Find Your Wings – Mark Harris *
Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
Daddy's Little Girl - Al Martino or Mills Brothers
My Girl - Temptations
The Men in My Little Girl’s Life – Various Artists
Turn Around – Various Artists
Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
Daughters – John Mayer (not easy to dance to)
Times Of Your Life – Paul Anka
Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion *
Find Your Wings - Mark Harris *
Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler *
Unforgettable – Nat King Cole *
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong *
Through The Years - Kenny Rogers *
The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra *
Can You Feel The Love Tonight - Elton John *
Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart /Van Morrison *
Hero - Mariah Carey *
Child of Mine- Carol King *
The Greatest Love Of All – Whitney Houston *
In My Life – The Beatles *
Blessed – Elton John *
You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder *
What a Wonderful World/Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Israel Kamakawowo’ole *
Kind And Generous (Thank You) – Natalie Merchant *

* denotes song can also be used for Groom-Mother Dance or Both

No comments:

Post a Comment