I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Penn State vs. Cornell

Was that a Wedding Reception or College Night at the Crowne Plaza Cabaña Hotel in Palo Alto last night? Okay, it was a Wedding Reception. (Although the collegiate spirit was definitely in the air!) Leah went to Penn State. Alex went to Cornell. 2 great Universities. Fortunately, Leah and Alex agreed to put their scholastic differences aside to get married. lol. What a fun crowd....all 270 of them!

Here is a pic of Leah and Alex dancing with their guests. The woman to the right of them in the picture in the beautiful coral and white dress is Leah's cousin Cindy with her husband Eric. They had an awesome Rock & Roll Wedding that I got to DJ a few months ago. Neither of them knew that the other hired me as their DJ so it was a great surprise for all. They had two completely different weddings but both were very fun.I knew this was going to be one of those super-fun, crazy nights just by the energy and enthusiasm of the guests as I was introducing everyone. They were very lively and everyone clapped along to "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas as I introduced the parents and Bridal Party. As Leah and Alex entered the room, they asked me to play a different song... "Don't Stop til ya Get Enough" by Michael Jackson. It was fun to watch them dance their way into the room. I took a lot of requests last night and they danced to a variety of music including Italian and Salsa.

Here were their special dance songs:

First Dance: "Broken" by Jack Johnson
Father-Daughter: "Surfer Girl" by the Beach Boys
Groom-Mother: "You are The Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment