I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Roaring 20's Wedding

Steve and Christine did not initially set out to do a Roaring 20's themed wedding; it just happened! And judging by the response of their guests at the Allied Arts Guild in Menlo Park that evening, it was a huge hit.

They started with cool table names, which included Sinatra, Crosby, Clooney, and Hepburn. Then, they bought a 1925 Sonora Phonograph from Craigslist, along with a big box of 78 rpm records. They asked me if I wouldn't mind changing the records on the phonograph during the dinner and, of course, I said yes. I had no idea, though, that I would have to change the needle after every record! I even had to wind up the phonograph every 5 minutes since it did not run on electricity. It sure is a lot easier to play music these days! It was a lot of fun, though, and the music was beautiful. Here were some of their special songs requested:

Bridal Party Introductions: "When The Saints Go Marching In" - Louis Armstrong
First Dance: "Cheek to Cheek" - Fred Astaire
Father-Daughter Dance: "As Time Goes By" - Rosemary Clooney

They also dedicated the song "Our Love Is Here to Stay" to Christine's parents who were celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary.

Keeping with the theme, they arrived in a 1927 Stutz. What a cool car! I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment