I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Stanford Class

It has been suggested to me (more than a few times) that I should write a book about all of the crazy things I've seen at wedding receptions. Not a bad idea. Boy, do I have some stories to tell!

I love writing. It's one of my other passions. It started back in the 80's when I wrote some song lyrics. Being in the radio business, I've also had the opportunity to write hundreds of radio commercials over the last 20 years (I still write a few each week).I recently enrolled in another creative writing class at Stanford (to get my creative juices flowing) and it's been an incredible experience. I have goals of writing a few screenplays and a book. My first screenplay is a romantic comedy and the story is centered around a crazy wedding!

My teacher, Malena Watrous, is amazing and has helped me tremendously. She just published a book of her own that was a New York Times Editor's Choice! Her book is called "If You Follow Me". I bought a copy but haven't read it yet (I am finishing up on a David Sedaris book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment