I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Peacock Wedding Dress? NO WAY!

I am beginning to realize that I HAVE NOT seen it all. (And I thought I had) Here is a "stunning" peacock wedding dress. This unique dress took eight handicrafts men two months to finish and had a price tag of $1.5 million. It is decorated with 2009 peacock tail feathers and 60 Haitian jades. I know some cultures consider peacock feathers to be lucky but...come on! I would rather have my bride dressed up as Big Bird.

1 comment:

  1. Rich,
    Wow, I always thought the male peacock had the brightly colored feathers, was this a wedding for a transvestite? Just kidding, but why peacock feathers? Might as well have used parrot feathers if they wanted to be different, would have cost less......maybe.
    On a personal note, I run a wedding blog and would be interested in exchanging links with you on your blog (like "San Jose wedding DJ"?). Let me know how you want to be linked and I can add you by tomorrow.
    I also have a quick business related question. Friends of mine over at Exclusively Weddings are interested in being listed on your blog for their wedding invitations in a new section possibly titled "Wedding Resources".
    They can pay a one time insertion fee for your trouble by Paypal. If not interested in that they could also provide a helpful article on wedding invitations for your website to assist your visitors. I'm sure their open to any other ideas you may have too.
    Look forward to hearing back from you!!

    Sincerely,
    Leslie Jenkins
    Editor - weddingnoise@gmail.com http://weddingengagementnoise.wordpress.com/
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last"

    ReplyDelete