I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 28, 2009

When Harry Met Sally

Stefanie and Steven love the movies so much that they made that the theme of their wedding reception. Their 105 guests at The Opera House in Los Gatos sat at tables with names like My Cousin Vinny, Forest Gump, Toy Story, Goodwill Hunting, and Shawshank Redemption. (Some of my favorite movies!) They requested songs from the movie soundtracks to Saturday Night Fever ("Stayin' Alive") and Grease (You're The One That I Want") to play during the Bridal Party Introductions. And to top it off, their wedding favors were popcorn! That's right, just step right up to the popcorn bar and fix yourself a box of caramel or cheese popcorn. (They flew it in from Steven's home town of Chicago) Will that be for here or to go? For here...right now PLEASE!

But wait...there's more! Here is a pic of their place cards (that looked like movie tickets) to let each guest know what table they were going to be sitting at. The guests thought that this was just the coolest idea! Fortunately, the air conditioning at The Opera House works very well because it was almost 100 degrees outside. (BTW, it's an awesome place for a reception too) The guests were a lot of fun and requested a whole bunch of songs which I was happy to play. The most popular song of the night by far though was "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. Here are their special song selections:

First Dance: "You Turn Me On" by Bob Schneider
Father-Daughter Dance: "The Way You Look Tonight" by Michael Bublé
Cake-Cutting Song: "How Sweet it is" by James Taylor

I think Steven danced more than anyone else in the room. It was so much fun to watch him. Here they are dancing with their friends to the song "Have I told You Lately That I Love You" by Rod Stewart.
Side Note: Stefanie and Steven met on Match.com 2 years ago. A very sweet couple and very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment