I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Silicon Valley Turkey Trot

Happy Thanksgiving! What a great day already! I volunteered with my nephew Jeffrey this morning at the 2nd Annual Applied Materials Silicon Valley Turkey Trot in downtown San Jose. This is a great 10k walk and run with proceeds benefitting the Second Harvest Food Bank. Over 3000 people turned out for this wonderful event. I was asked to help with the announcements at the main stage. I think I can handle that! How fun! I usually wear my tuxedo when I MC Events but they told me to dress very casual. Don't I look so stylish in my jeans and volunteer t-shirt? You bet!

The Second Harvest Food Bank (http://www.2ndharvest.net/) is my favorite local charity and I usually volunteer there 3 or 4 times a month. The Second Harvest Food Bank provides food for over 170,000 people every month! This is an amazing organization almost completely run by volunteers. Would you like to join me and volunteer? Each shift is only 2 to 3 hours! You can come in after work on Wednesdays from 6pm-8pm or Saturday mornings from 9am-noon. It's easy work and you can meet other kind people just like yourself. If so, give me a call or go to the website I linked above to sign up. I hope to see you there!

Now I am off to my Mom's house to eat. And after I eat, I will eat a little more! It's a good thing my health club is open tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment