I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Big Fat Italian Wedding

Last night, I was at The Stockton Golf & Country Club. As I was unloading my equipment, I saw Alex Spanos (the owner of the San Diego Chargers) getting out of his $400,000 car. I wouldn't have recognized him but one of the Club employee's happily pointed him out to me. He is a member there at the Country Club and lives in Stockton. Nice car. But for the same price, I CAN BUY A CONDO!

Let me also say that I NEVER go to Stockton for weddings. And when I say never, I mean never! (well, except for this one) But I've known the Bride Esther for many years and just couldn't pass up the chance of being the DJ at her reception. There were 250 Italians in one room for this grand celebration and I was pumped up!

For dinner, Chris and Ester wanted a very unique blend of background music including Italian, Reggae, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Smooth Jazz. After dinner, Chris and Ester walked around table to table to say hello to the guests and pass out the traditional Bomboniere Italian Wedding Favors. Their request list for dancing leaned heavily in favor of 70's music which is always fun. Ester's dad danced almost every song during the evening. He was so fun to watch because he was going around the room and grabbing people out of their chairs to dance with him. He must have had 25 different dance partners...my kind of guy!

RANDOM NOTE: The guests arrived ONE HOUR EARLY to the reception! I couldn't believe it! They hired me to DJ from 5pm-10pm but the guests started coming in at 4pm! You gotta be kidding me! It's a good thing that I was already there and set-up. I started playing some background music immediately so everything was fine. (I didn't charge them for the extra hour because they were so sweet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment