I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wedding - SV Capital Club

Welcome to another edition of "Where was Rich last night?".

Where was I? I'm glad you asked! I was at The Silicon Valley Capital Club in San Jose. The Club is located on the 17th floor of the Fairmont Plaza in downtown San Jose. I've been there many times over the years. It is a place for smaller weddings of around 100 people. There were 120 there last night.

This week, my lovebirds were Shannon and John (Johnny)...a very fun couple. They hired me over a year ago for their wedding. I was the only one they interviewed since they saw me at another wedding where I rocked the house. Well, it really wasn't an interview. We got together for a cup of coffee and they gave me a check!

Last night was cool because 2 of my past clients were in attendance...Kathy and Travis Welch and Winter and Vincent Tracey. Here is a picture of the Bride and Groom with Travis and Kathy. Travis was in the bridal party and all of the guys were sporting black shirts and pink ties. Nice! Goosebump Moment: After they cut the cake and tossed the bouquet and garter, Shannon and Johnny came up to me and told me about Johnny's grandparents (Liz and Tony) who were in attendance. They wondered if we should say something about them since they were going to celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary in a few weeks. I said absolutely and I recommended to play a song for them as well. I always recommend acknowledging friends or family members who are celebrating a milestone event. It is very classy move. And come on...60 Years of marriage?? That is awesome! I got on the Microphone and thanked them for inspiring us with 60 years of marriage and played "Young at Heart" By Frank Sinatra. The guests gave them a standing ovation as they zipped over to the floor to dance. I had goosebumps on top of my goosebumps!! And just my luck, they knew the song and were singing along to it as the danced. Boy, I sure know how to pick 'em!

Introduction: "Let's get It Started" - Black Eyed Peas
First Dance: "You're The Inspiration" - Chicago
Father-Faughter Dance: "The Way You Look Tonight" - Rod Stewart
Groom-Mother Dance: "Child of Mine" - Carole King
Groom-Stepmother Dance: "Have I Told You Lately" - Rod Stewart
Farwell Dance: "Let's Get It On" - Marvyn Gaye
What a fun energetic crowd last night. They danced to a wide variety of music including Neil Diamond, The Bee Gees, Elvis, Kool & The Gang, and Usher. And here's something you don't see too often...a groom that likes to dance more than the bride!! Wow! You go Johnny!!

Random Note: This is the second time in 3 weeks that the Bride had a twin sister! Spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment