I created this blog to share with you some of my fun experiences from the many Weddings and Special Events I do every year. If you only have time to read a little bit, you can always click on the favorites link to the right to read my favorite postings. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wedding - Kohl Mansion

As the guests were coming in, I noticed a pregnant woman. Then another. And another. Freaky! Did I show up to the wrong place? Was this a wedding or a Lamaze Class? And just when I thought all of the pregnant women in Silicon Valley were attending this particular wedding, here comes twin sister's who are BOTH pregnant! UNBELIEVABLE! All in all, I estimate 10% of the guests were pregnant.

130 people were in the house (mansion) for this super-fun celebration at the Kohl Mansion in Burlingame. Kelly and Craig converted the room where the dancing was into a cool, hip, lounge-type nightclub complete with comfy couches, end tables, light-boxes, palm trees, up-lighting, candles, and flowers. It was such a cool vibe and the guests absolutely loved it. Everyone was talking about it. Here are a couple of pics. Keep in mind this room was completely empty before the reception.

I think Kelly and Craig hold the world-record for the shortest wedding ceremony (not including those in Vegas)...6 minutes.

First Dance: "I'll Be" - Edwin McCain
Parent's Dance: "Kind & Generous" - Natalie Merchant
Farewell Dance: "At Last" - Etta James

This was a high-energy reception (my favorite type!) They ate. They drank. They cheered. They danced. I don't recall a time when I did not see Kelly and Craig on the dance floor. When I announced the last song of the night, some of the guests booed me! I LOVE IT! (This is the ultimate compliment because it means they did not want to leave)

No comments:

Post a Comment